Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blueberry Jam

So this summer has been way busier than I would have liked. Between all the traveling (so many people getting married...) and my commuting to work, I really haven't had the chance to do all the projects I would've liked.

But I did go to ME last week (family vacation) and I got to pick blueberries and then I made about 6 cups of jam. It was super yummy.

I believe I used:
10 c berries
1 or 1.5 c sugar (I used Pamona's Pectin that isn't sugar dependent for setting)
1/4 c lemon juice
The amount of pectin listed on the packaging

I just followed the directions on the pectin, which involved mashing the berries (I used a food processor) and then cooking them for a bit. Then I put them into the canning jars and boiled them for 5-10 minutes. It was really easy and I was done in an hour with everything (OK, not all the cleaning up).

Thank Gd I had a vacation in ME! Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment